If Not For You
If not for you, I wouldn’t know
What true love really meant.
I’d never feel this inner peace;
I couldn’t be content.
If not for you, I’d never have
The pleasures of romance.
I’d miss the bliss, the craziness,
Of love’s sweet, silly dance.
I have to feel your tender touch;
I have to hear your voice;
No other one could take your place;
You’re it; I have no choice.
If not for you, I’d be adrift;
I don’t know what I’d do;
I’d be searching for my other half,
Incomplete, if not for you.
By Joanna Fuchs
- All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired.
- I was afraid of love, I thought love took time, like a fine wine aging in the cellar. I was wrong. Love is there from the moment you see that person, embrace it let it grow, follow your heart, not your mind.
- Don’t say you love me unless you mean it because I might do something stupid…like believe it!
- They say, ‘A picture is worth a thousand words,’ but when I saw yours, I was speechless.
- Loving someone is like caring for a garden, love it too much or too little and it dies, but love it just right and it will live forever.